It is advisable that every expat retiree in the Philippines obtain medical insurance. The quality of health care in this country is excellent and perpetually improving; in reality, there would be no need to travel outside of the country for medical attention. However, despite the fact that the cost of medical treatment in the Philippines is generally cheaper than in the First World, medical bills can and do add up. In this section you will find a lot of valid information about health care in the Philippines.
VERY IMPORTANT! If at all possible, please bring official proof of insurance coverage with you that testifies to the fact that you have been insured in your home country. It would be best to try to bring health insurance documents from the preceeding five years, if at all possible, as this makes it easier and faster to process your medical insurance in the Philippines.
- Philippines Only Insurance Policies for Seniors
- Worldwide Coverage Medical Insurance policies
- Travel Insurance
- Lifeline Ambulance Service
- Cost Comparisons for Medical Procedures, Philippines vs. USA
- General Procedures and Expenses For Hospital Admission
- Text of Republic Act 9430
- Being Disabled and Managing with Caregivers, Medical Supplies, and Hospice Service
- Over-the-Counter Remedies for Common Ailments